FightResource.com is a privately owned website that lists Martial Arts schools and fight gyms across the United States, that teach legitimate Mixed Martial Arts techniques, or teach styles that incorporate techniques that are frequently used in MMA.
For example, Muay Thai schools are listed, as Muay Thai techniques are frequently used in MMA contests. Conversely, Tai Chi techniques are not used in MMA, and so Tai Chi schools are not listed here. The main thing distinguishing a listed school from an unlisted school is “real resistance” or more bluntly put, real fighting.
If during live training, the head instructor at your school lets out a giant chi-scream and all the students fall down, it probably won’t be listed here. FightResource.com reserves the right to deny any school a listing on FightResource.com for any reason.
TYPES OF SCHOOLS WE LIST:
• MMA schools
• BJJ schools
• Boxing gyms
• Muay Thai gyms
• Wrestling gyms
• Judo clubs
• Sambo clubs
TYPES OF SCHOOLS WE DO NOT LIST:
• Other MMA school directories
• School Blogs
• School MySpace pages (School Facebook page is fine)
• Sites that host with Angelfire, Tripod, or Bravehost
• Self defense schools
• Schools that focus on katas only
• TMA schools that do not have full contact sparring
• Private home schools
• By-appointment-only schools
• Online membership schools
• MMA Bandwagon schools (For example: Fred Villari’s school of MMA)
• School websites that show tiny children wearing black belts.