School / Gym owners
To list your school on FightResource.com, it MUST have the following information:
(These things should be easy for a potential student to find on your website.)
A. The full physical address of the training facility, including city & state.
B. The active head instructor’s full name and basic lineage / experience.
C. At least one method of contact on your home or contact page. (Phone or Email)
If your website does not have the items mentioned above, it will not be listed.
FightResource.com is a privately owned website that lists Martial Arts schools that teach legitimate Mixed Martial Arts techniques, or teach styles that incorporate techniques that are frequently used in MMA. Thus Muay Thai schools are listed, as Muay Thai techniques are frequently used in MMA contests. However, Tai Chi techniques are not used in MMA, and thus Tai Chi schools are not listed. The main thing distinguishing a listed school from an unlisted school is “real resistance” or more bluntly put, “fighting.”
If during live training, the head instructor at your school lets out a giant chi-scream and all the students fall down, it probably won’t be listed here.
TYPES OF SCHOOLS WE LIST:
• MMA schools
• BJJ schools
• Boxing gyms
• Muay Thai gyms
• Wrestling gyms
• Judo clubs
• Sambo clubs
TYPES OF SCHOOLS WE DO NOT LIST:
• School directories
• School Blogs
• School MySpace pages (School Facebook page is fine)
• Sites that host with Angelfire, Tripod, or Bravehost
• Self defense schools
• Schools that focus on katas only
• TMA schools that do not have full contact sparring
• Private home schools
• By-appointment-only schools
• Online membership schools
• MMA Bandwagon schools (For example: Fred Villari’s school of MMA)
• School websites that show tiny children wearing black belts.
• Sites that do not have the full name of the head instructor
• Sites that do not have the full physical address of the facility
• Sites that do not have a method of contact on the home or contact page
ADD, EDIT, OR DELETE A SCHOOL LISTING:
1. Check to see if your school is already listed here at FightResource.com
2. If it is not listed, submit your new school listing here.
3. If it is already listed, edit or delete your existing listing here.
4. If you link back to FightResource.com, your listing will be bold and colored.
5. For any other issues, please use the contact page.
FEATURED SCHOOLS AREAS:
FightResource.com has a ‘Featured schools’ area on the front page and on the individual state pages, to help schools be more visible to a larger audience.
• Only one school per state is allowed on the front page.
• Up to 5 schools can be on the state specific pages.
If you would like your school to be listed in these areas, please contact us here with the full name of your school, your school’s website address, and the state your school is in, along with which areas you’d like to reserve.
These areas are available on a first-come-first-served basis.